
Drink More Water!!
I came across this blog the other day, it is a lady that is a certified personal trainer and she has a degree in exercise and wellness. She's official. There are a lot of good tips and things that she shares, it's also her family blog. The link above is a short post about a water challenge. I would like to challenge all of you to drink more water. Especially since it's now HOT in the QC, AZ desert. Highlights of the post...
* ON AVERAGE AN INDIVIDUAL SHOULD DRINK 96 OZ. OF WATER PERDAY ***(THAT IS MORE THAN THE 8 GLASSES PER DAY THAT WE'VE HEARD FOREVER)
*THOSE IN FAT-LOSS MODE SHOULD DRINK AN ADDITIONAL 8 OZ. FOR EVERY 25LBS. THEY CARRY ABOVE THEIR IDEAL WEIGHT.
*DRINK 20-40 OZ. FOR EVERY HOUR OF EXERCISE.
So I thought posting challenges sounds like a good idea since we have had a lack of posting lately. :(
So Starting today make an effort to drink more water, find out how much you should be drinking (it's in the article) and DRINK it UP!



4 comments:
I read in an article that you should drink only cold ice water. Your body will actually burn calories trying to warm it up.
I love it! Thanks for the reminder!! One good way to figure out how much water you should drink that I have found helpful is to drink half your body weight in ounces. So if you weigh 150lbs you should drink 75oz. of water a day, plus 80z extra for every hour you work out. And as for Melissa's comment I want to research that. If you figure it out let me know because I was told that cold water shocks the system and you should only drink cool water, not cold.. Let me know what you find out:)
I feel like I'm a water drinker but it sounds like I need to drink more. Maybe I'll finally be able to shed my last 15 pounds.
I don't think it really matters what temp, the water is. I found things that were kind of back and forth, but it isn't bad to drink ice water, and I have heard that if you drink hot/icy things your body does burn more calories to cool/warm up. But in reality it's probably not enough to make a big difference in the scheme of things. So I say drink water whatever way you enjoy it most!
Post a Comment