So I finally gave in to that nagging feeling that my lack of weight loss was something bigger than just what I was eating, so I went to go see a Nautropath Physician. I have had my thyroid tested twice in Jan and May and both times it was 'normal' but I have a huge family history of hyperthyroidism so I wanted to be sure. Anyways, I met with
Dr Joyner and she gave me hope. She checked my labs and yes, they were normal ranges but the number had doubled in those few months, which is NOT normal. SO basically we reviewed my nutrition, set a calorie limit, did my body fat and BMI and I started on a thyroid medicine. She said I will see a difference in my energy in a week or so. I am elated!
Finally someone took all my symptoms, complaints and concerns and validated them!
I started my new diet, including tons of raw fruits and veggies, nuts ect- but limited to 1400 calories a day. Also I am to continue my resistance training twice a week and to do my 75 minutes of cardio no more than 4 times a week. She really thinks this will turn me right around and by Spring I should have lost all 40 pounds I am trying to get off! My body fat is down to 30, which is still not good but it was 38 6 months ago, so my adding weight training has been such a good thing! I am going back in three weeks for a follow up and will update then! YEAH!
1 comment:
Caryn that is great. I hope this works wonders for you! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment