Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Small Victories!

Here is my first update!  Like I said I am using the BodyBugg system, which is a calorie in/calorie out based thing.  They use this on the Biggest Loser (when I met Bette Sue -her duaghter Ali won- she said Ali's daily burn was 4000 calories-CRAZY!) Anyway, when I first started the program my parameters were set that I should burn 2250 calories a day and only consume 1750, so I would have a 500 cal deficit.  I usually had a hard time meeting my burned cals.  So I decided when I reset my parameters I would aim higher.  My expected burn is now 2600 and my intake cals I lowered (for now at least) to 1500.  Yesterday, began my 'always moving' mentality.  I took a run with my boys in the am, did yoga on WiiFit then did laundry and even when I watched tv I was standing for moving. Last night I went to the gym to meet my friend Steph, who just had a baby and is starting to work out again.  We did a 45 minute arms, abs circuit and I was dying!  But when I logged in my bugg, I was soooooo happy! 

Calories burned 2867
Calories consumed  983
Deficit of 1884

That is the highest burn I have had since I started the program! Yes I know my cal's in were too low, but I was drinking a ton of water and Protein waters(which are only 15 cal a piece).  Knowing that every 3000 calories deficit you have equals a pound, if I can keep this up I should be at my goal weight by Christmas! I haven't weighed yet, the program only has us weigh every two weeks, when I do I will update again.

17 pounds to go...

4 comments:

Caryn said...

Another great site is thedailyplate.com

Stacia said...

Good work Caryn! Like you mentioned try be careful of having your calores too low. It can slow your metabolism. I loved Ali! I liked how she always smiling and happy on the show.

Becky said...

Way to go Caryn! That is great. Which protein waters do you like?

I've only tried the special K ones, but I like them, It really does work to take the edge off my hunger.

Kelli said...

Yay for you! You motivate me! I fell off the wagon big time this weekend with Cory being out of town but the weekend was spent walking (a.k.a. shopping), painting and decorating. Does that count for "movement?" Please say yes!

JonesMoma I'm with you...I've only tried the Special K Protein Water and love them. There are coupons from time to time in the papers if you want mine. They are usually for the bottles of water and I only buy the packets! Let me know!

WAY TO GO LADIES! We need a fat-free/no-calories to celebrate our victories! Pedicures are fat free! LOL!