Monday, September 15, 2008

Here We Go!!!

Day one people!
Ok I don't think I am making this a contest because I am doing this blog for all of us to have support, not competition. So ,I am setting goals, and when I reach each one of my goals I will reward myself...ie. a new bag, or new shoes, clothes, or craft stuff... whatever is great to you. Please don't reward yourself with food. So go ahead set your goals... wright them down. Feel free to share them if you want to. I also weighed myself this morning and took measurements (each thigh, waist, hips, below waist, arms, and neck) so that I can keep track of my progress. I will weigh myself first thing each monday morning and I will most likely only measure once a month. I also keep a food journal, so I can keep track of what I eat (very important if you are trying to lose weight) There is a website www.calorieking.com it is a great place to find calorie amounts in food and they even have restraunt chains, and fast food chains. So you can see how much and what is in your food at your favorite places and make informed decisions.
This blog is definately a work in progress.

Question? Would you all like to be able to post things too?
I am up for anything, so any tips, sugestions, ANYTHING! This is all about helping each other succeed in our goals whether they are to lose weight, tone up, whatever!

Don't forget to watch The Biggest Loser tomorrow night. It's on chanel 12 at 7pm I believe. This show is great motivation!

Also I am starting a "sugar fast" this week meaning I am staying away from sugar... your body craves sugar when you eat it so going off of it will help you not crave sugar...(my weakness) so if you see me reaching for something sugary feel free to slap it out of my hand! LOL! (Thanks for that idea Alys!)

I excercised today for the first time in at least 3 weaks, and it was HARD! But I feel so Energized when I work out. It is totally worth it!

Ok, let me have any ideas and or suggestions...
I am feeling hopeful, energized, and optomistic... how are you feeling today?

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Becky, I'm so proud of you! Truly. Not trying to be patronizing or anything. I'm truly proud of you. Accountability when trying to get fit is one of the hardest things. I've tried to put the blame everywhere else but on myself!

I think it would be fun to have others post as well. Kind of like our private community of getting in shape!

You hit the nail on the head with the sugar fast. I'm amazed at how little I crave sugar now. I didn't know that was possible!

eastman5* said...

Becky - Thanks for starting this. I need some motivation to exercise! I can't wait to get started, but first I have to buy some shoes :) I've got my jogging stroller all ready! Since I didn't walk yesterday I just parked far away from the stores so I had further to walk. It wasn't that bad! I can't wait to tone up too. I start Pilates today! Yeah! Keep up your hard work - YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Stacia said...

The sugar fast is such a good idea! I am going to start it right away. I also think allowing others to post is a good idea.